- Why MONISTAT?
- Different Women, Different Needs
- Learn About Yeast Infections
- MONISTAT Product Guide
- MONISTAT Treatment Finder
- Buying MONISTAT
- Information and Resources
- Contact Us
This link will take you to a Website to which this
of every Website you visit.
Because I have diabetes, I know I'm at greater risk for things like yeast infections. Sugar goes up. Yeast goes up. So I keep a close eye on things.
If I get a yeast infection, I go to my doctor to make sure everything is okay
and my sugar levels aren't too out of whack, then I reach for MONISTAT® 7
to stop the yeast infection in its tracks."
Diabetes is a common trigger for yeast overgrowth.
A yeast infection is a common condition caused by an overgrowth of yeast (candida)
that normally lives in the vagina. Your doctor may call this infection "monilia" or
"candidiasis". Some women may have burning and itching on the skin outside the
vagina (vulva) at the same time that they have a vaginal infection.
please call your doctor. Poorly controlled blood sugar levels may be more likely to
result in yeast infections. When you talk with your doctor, review guidelines for keeping
your sugar levels in the controlled range so you can keep your diabetes and your
candida under control. We've provided questions about diabetes and yeast infections
to help you talk with your doctor and get the dialogue started.
Before visiting your doctor take a quick look
at the MONISTAT® Treatment Finder.
The more you know about the different MONISTAT® treatments,
the easier it will be to discuss treatment options with your doctor.
Here are some helpful online
- LifeScan, makers of the One Touch® brand blood glucose monitor — http://www.lifescan.com
- Diabetes Overview — http://diabetes.niddk.nih.gov/
- Diabetes Research Institute — http://www.diabetesresearch.org
- The National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive
and Kidney Diseases — http://www2.niddk.nih.gov
- The American Diabetes Association — http://www.diabetes.org