- Why MONISTAT?
- Different Women, Different Needs
- Learn About Yeast Infections
- MONISTAT Product Guide
- MONISTAT Treatment Finder
- Buying MONISTAT
- Information and Resources
- Contact Us
This link will take you to a Website to which this
of every Website you visit.
So what is a yeast infection?
A yeast infection is a common condition inside the vagina caused by an overgrowth of yeast (candida) that normally
lives in the vagina. Your doctor may call this infection "monilia" or "candidiasis". Some women may have burning,
itching, or irritation on the skin outside the vagina (vulva) at the same time that they have a vaginal yeast infection.
How does a yeast infection make you feel?Aside from the numerous signs and symptoms of yeast infections, many women are embarrassed, confused
and anxious about having a vaginal yeast infection. Because an overgrowth of candida can be uncomfortable
on many levels, MONISTAT® has created a place where you can figure out what's happening, why you're
feeling the way you are, and where you can review your options and locate a treatment that's right for you.
Help Prevent Yeast Infections
Here are some simple things that have been associated with helping prevent yeast infections:
- Avoid douches
- Avoid scented hygiene products like bubble bath, sprays,
pads, and tampons
- Change tampons and pads often during your period
- Avoid tight underwear or clothes made of synthetic fibers
- Wear cotton underwear and pantyhose with a cotton crotch
- Change out of wet swimsuits and exercise clothes
as soon as you can
- Avoid hot tubs and very hot baths
If you keep getting yeast infections, be sure and talk with your doctor.
Yeast Infection Causes
What else can cause a yeast infection?
- A compromised immune system
- Injury to the inner vagina (such as damage
to cells from chemotherapy)